Thursday, March 12, 2015

New Place & Bridal Shower

First let me say that theres only 51 days left until the wedding. HALLELUJAH!
Time has gone so fast since April 24th, 2014 when he popped the question.

2 weeks ago we moved into our new home, and 1 week ago was my bridal shower. These past few weeks have been absolutely crazy pants. The move was an all weekend ordeal, luckily we had friends and family who helped or it would have taken all week. Below is our living room. Ill post more pics as we get settled in.




BRIDAL SHOWER
My oh my the love i felt. So many special ladies helped my mom set this up so that she didn't have to worry about anything! These 12 ladies (like the 12 disciples) have been close to my mom since they were all teenagers . It was so awesome seeing them together and doing something so sweet for Colby and I. 

First Baptist Church, Parlor Room.




This is Colbys mother. She is such a sweet sweet lady and i adore her!
 Thank you for helping mom #2! 


My Maid of Honor, Alexi. We have been best friends since kindergarten. My oldest and dearest friend. We have a picture of us in the bathtub together at 5 years old. Ill find it one day and share the love haha. She mentioned to me that when she has to make her maid of honor speech she won't know where to start. We have 20 years of memories, real memories, and she can't just pick one.
Well my dear friend, just pick the most stupid, idiotic thing we did and make everyone laugh until they cry!


To the far right is one of my Matron of Honors, Bri Lomas. It was in her kitchen that Colby proposed to me. She has taught me more about Jesus and life than anyone. She has such an amazing spirit. And loves Africa and tattoos like me. (She grew up on Mercy Ships and traveled the world as a kid) Her parents own Orphan Relief and Rescue. Check them out.


My bridal party, minus Mallory (who is in Galveston and pregnant with her first little girl) Mallory is the friend who if you wanted to kill someone, she would be the person you call to help. I don't know where to start with this one, she is hilarious, beautiful and always down for a good time. I haven't seen her in over a year. We share the same love for Coldplay and whenever i hear Fix You, i think of you, Val.

From the left, Alexi, Bri, Me, Bonnie (who is also pregnant) and Laura, my cousin.


Second to the right, Bonnie Hairston. Used to be Hays. In my mind will always be a little Hays girl. I think back to all the long nights we stayed up sitting on her back porch, singing, rearranging her house, cleaning, painting and watching Alice in Wonderland and Tombstone till 5am. I wouldn't take back those pointless days for anything. Thank you for always being my sweet friend, number 7.


Laura, far left. I have pictures of us in diapers together! My cousin and my best friend. We lived together in college and made so many crazy, happy, fun memories. The amount of love in this girls heart is incredible. She would give you the shirt off her back if need be. I can't believe all the things we have been through over the years, some things are better left unsaid haha. I love you my sweet family.


This is the aftermath in our home of bringing back all the shower gifts. 
We could barely walk around!


I would like to say thank you to all the ladies who came and participated in the shower. You'll never know how much it means to Colby and I that you purchased these sweet gifts for our new home and life.
The sweetest gift of all though, was you taking the time to share the moment with me.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig