Sunday, April 17, 2016

KING OF THE SABINE FISHING TOURNAMENT #4


Every year my brother hosts his annual King of the Sabine tournament. And every year its a blast. Our cousins and family all come out, stay out late, get up early, get dirty and catch fish. I couldn't of asked for a better Saturday. 

7am rise and shine for Colby and i. We made the 35 minute drive to Tatum, TX off HWY 43 boat ramp. It was 70 degrees and smelled of fish.



 My dad brought Leon, of course he had to be nosey and check everything out.


 As me, my little brother Nick, my older brother Cullen, Nicks friend Bryce and Colby all pilled into Cullens flat bottom, we held onto our hats and took off at high speed down the Sabine. This was our first catch on the lines they had set out the night before.


 Stunning views.



Colby checking the lines. It is a very meticulous routine to check fish lines. One person guides the boats, one pulls up the line, another has the bait ready, and me, i had the net ready and got a front row view of some of my favorite people do what they love.

Cullen, Fred.





 Weighing in some Big Blues. This one weighed in a 47 pounds.


Colby and i left the river around 11:30am and headed back to Tyler. We were exhausted. But the tournament kept on. I got this picture from my brothers this morning, a 64 pound OP! I am so proud of my brothers and love that they are hunters and fishermen. This weekend was just what i needed. And look at my baby brother, he is in his element. Love ya kid.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig