Monday, September 3, 2012

Appendix, gallbladders and needles OH MY!

Frist let me say that i had no idea people actually read my blog. I got 3 compliments this week alone! thanks for reading, ill try and update more since i know there are eyes on it :)

Yes, its true. I had my appendix and gallbladder removed.
YIKES!
Saturday night after Mckenna's birthday my stomach was KILLING me. Worst pain i have felt since my wisdom teeth getting pulled.
The next morning i couldn't even get out of my bed. My aunt and cousin/best friend took me to the hospital. After hours of tests and a morphine drip, they decided they needed to do surgery. My parents freaked out since they were 4 hours away. 
Needless to say my dad made it in 3 1/2. My mom told me he drove 20 over the speed limit with his hazard lights on. Oh i love that man. They didn't make it for my surgery but were there when i woke up. Dazed and confused. All i remember is the nurse holding my organs in front of my face saying, "Here they are Jenna, you asked to see them!" and i responded by telling her "Gross"
I spent the night in the hospital in Houston. My cousin Laura stayed over night with me. I don't know what i would have done if she wasn't there. Every time i need to get up to go the bathroom at 4am she got up with me and held my IV. I love that girl!

This is me pre-op. This sweet little woman took amazing care of me.

Gallbladder.

Appendix.





Recovering in pain with sweet Tilly. My brother let her stay all week with me. Best gift ever.
My parents took me home from Houston so i could recover where they could watch me. The ride home was crucial. the pain meds didn't really help and i could feel every little bump the car made.




Had to get out of the house after being cooped up for 6 days. Went to eat at Kobees then went and saw some old friends. I love nights where i get to just sit around and catch up on everyones lives in good ol East Texas. Made new friends & even found a sweet puppy on the side of the road. Life is good.

Beautiful Kait and I loving on baby Dozer we found on the side of the road!


sweet baby Cade.


My last night in Henderson i spent it with my little brother curled up in his bed and watched him play Xbox. He yells at people half way across the world. Its funny. And he smells. I adore this little boy. God has big plans for him.



I have had a pretty crazy and hectic week this past week. I am still not fully recovered from my surgery. My stomach is starting to bruise and my stitches are starting to scab and peel. They also ITCH LIKE CRAZY! But on the bright side, i can now stand up all the way without hunching over like an old lady.
My friends and family have been so sweet to me throughout this little mishap. I am so grateful for all of them. God has blessed me in so many ways that i don't deserve.
Id like to thank Jesus and The Big Bang theory and my pain meds for saving me this past week.
Cheers-
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig