Sunday, April 10, 2016

DAY 2// WHOLE30 CHALLENGE



Day 2. Was hard. I work up with a headache from you know where. Coffee always helps motivate me in the morning so i picked my favorite cup. 
The key to making this challenge work, is prep. Prep before, prep after. Prep before you go to sleep and prep when you wake up. If you do not plan your day ahead (mostly if you work full time like me) you will fail. So every morning, i make my breakfast and prep my snacks for the day. And everyday it saves my butt.


Coffee: Third Coast Coffee, Ethiopia, Medium blend

I am so proud of my breakfast. And its super easy. The night before, mix blackberries, chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract and shredded organic coconut flakes. Store in air tight container and the next morning, bam. A healthy, nutrient punched, easy breakfast. I added pistachios on top for a nice crunch.

Recipe from:  Blackberry Chia Seed Pudding


Mid morning snack was Applegate Chicken links with dijon mustard.


Lunch is my favorite meal of the day. I went to the local Whole Foods Market in Tyler, Fresh. They have the best taco bar in town. Super cheap. Super yummy. I chose chicken on a bed of lettuce, lots of pico, lots of corn and tomatillo sauce.


My afternoon snack was heaven. Organic Kombucha, flavor: Strawberry Serenity. Seriously if you have not tried this stuff, get your hands on some. The benefits are even better than the taste.


Unfortunately i forgot to take a picture of my dinner. Its a Friday night and we were spending time with some dear friends so, forgive me, I'm only human. But i did have two chicken patties, steamed carrots and some plantain chips. Thank you Bri Lomas. You should check out her blog. She is seriously the best cook i know. You won't be disappointed.    Healthy and Hooked

To conclude day 2. It was difficult. But the goal is far more important to me then my cravings for sweets. And i will defeat them. Those pesky sweets...

Cheers.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig