Thursday, April 7, 2016

WHOLE30 CHALLENGE

Today starts the journey to a healthy life.
I consider myself a healthy eater, until it comes to sweets. Then i cave.
I feel good most days, but still have digestions issues due to lacking a gallbladder and an appendix.

I mentioned doing this challenge to a sweet friend of mine who i also work with. She is in.

Together we will go back to our roots, back to "the" roots actually, and start eating clean.



^^ Click the link above for the direct website ^^


This is my first weigh in and the only weigh in during the challenge. Per the challenge rules.
This number i am actually pretty happy with.
I graduated high school at 119 and after 5 years of college, i gained the Freshman 50.
170. Yup. Thats right. I lived under a terrible lifestyle plague. I ate what i want, i drank what i want and only worked out a few times a month.

Slowly in 2013, when my husband and i started dating, he introduced me into the world of nutrition.
Bless your heart, darling.
So this number is a success story.
But i want to go deeper.

Live clean. Eat clean. 
I try to think of it as, only eat what Jesus would of ate. hehe.

Jenna Specs:                                                                                                                         Morgan:
5'7                                                                                                                                         5'4
143.5lbs                                                                                                                                166 lbs
25                                                                                                                                          25
Active                                                                                                                                   Active




RULES: Pretty much, no sugar, at all. Nothing.  No rice, beans, bread, dairy, alcohol.

What is allowed: Fruits, proteins, ALL THE VEGETABLES YOU WANT, fats. The basics, ya know.

Morgan and i will be prepping lunches for each other weekly, so we don't get bored with our own cooking and to spice things up.



 What kind of challenge doesn't have before pictures?

These were taken this morning, the start of the challenge, on a Thursday, yes.
4/7/2016 - 5/7/2016





My sweet and beautiful friend, Morgan!
This girl is a beast. Her and her husband run marathons, triathlons, duathlons. You name it!
She has come a long way with her fitness/health journey and I'm so glad we are doing this as a team. 






This challenge is designed to be a challenge.
Years of eating processed foods and overload of carbs and sugar does a number to your body, inside and out. Mostly inside.
I could talk all day about the benefits of taking vitamins and only eating organic. But that can wait.
Here is a list of my daily vitamins that keep me healthy and keep my digestion issues on point:

1 chewable Vitamin C
5000iu Vitamin D
Omega 3
2-3 Magnesium (life saver)
Super Enzyme with every meal

 CHEERS and welcome to our journey!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig