Sunday, May 10, 2015

Rehearsal Dinner Day

We are back from our honeymoon and now i am re-living this week all over again. I love it.

Rehearsal dinner day started with a facial, hadn't had one in years, and it was exactly what i needed. Thank you mom, for that.

The day was absolutely beautiful. A precious gift from God, as it has been raining for weeks.

Next step was going out to the venue to see how everything was being set up and to lend a helping hand. 

My allergies, are the worst. Like, the worst. Nose bleeds my whole entire life, sinus infections every year. Its a curse, and East Texas, especially Henderson, brings it out the worst in me.

On the way to the venue, I'm riding in the car with my mom and my nose starts to pour. CAUTION, don't scroll down if you have a queasy stomach.


My dad was driving in front of us and stopped because he saw us pull over so fast. He pulls over with us and gives me some tissues. He's laughing the whole time. I love that man!


After the nose bleed incident, we arrived. This is the first thing i saw. 
The Arbor.
This Arbor was built in memory of Lloyd Legg. An incredible man who lost his life a few years ago and was such a great friend to our family. I was honored to have the Arbor at our wedding.


My mom and i helped set up the first row, after that, Greg and Oscar, my dads helpers, stepped in to help as my allergies were acting crazy. Thanks Greg and Oscar for setting everything up and making this thing happen!


Later that evening, we started rehearsing. Which was hilariously fun, as Judge Gossett has such a sense of humor. [he officiated]


We kept a few things tradition. Dillon stood in as the bride for me. Im laughing at this while writing. Such a special and funny moment for everyone.


Cathy, Colbys mom, did such a beautiful job decorating the dinner. It was beautiful, and the Cajun food was amazing.


 This is my pap, my grandfather. He is such a precious man. Im so glad he was there to spend this day with me. I remember as a child i always used to ask him and make him promise to always be at my wedding. And he did. Love you, Pap.


 These ladies, are my rock. Such strong, independent, fierce, loving, kind hearted women.

Front left to right: 
Laura, her mom, my aunt Martha (she flew in from Missouri), me, my grandmother (Nini) and my mom.


Love you, La. You made my day stress free!


My stud of a little brother. Time has flown by, little one.


Tack. My grandfather, for all intensive purposes. I never really had a relationship with my moms dad. And Tack has been more of a grandfather to me than i expected. Thank you for being here on this day, I love you!


These ladies! My pregnant best friends. Mallory (on left) i hadn't seen in two years. And as soon as i saw her, it was like nothing had changed, no time had passed. Thank you for making the drive from Galveston, with baby Zara in your precious belly.

Bonnie (middle) has always been my supporter. She will make you laugh until you pee in your pants. Can sing like no bodies business and i cant wait to meet her baby boy, Rhett. I love you both.




           

Bri, my sweet sweet hippy friend, you are beautiful. Thank you for EVERYTHING you've done for me and for the wedding. You and Josh mean the world to Colby and I. 
We love you.



Rehearsal dinner night ended with Dillon, our photographer, grabbing my dads guitar and singing for everyone all night. His voice will stop traffic. I haven't felt such love from such a big group of people in ages. With my family and closest friends surrounding Colby and I on the eve of the big day, all i could feel was blessed.

That night, the girls went in one cabin and the guys in another. We stayed up watching Bridesmaids, reminiscing and eating cookies.

And as a night cap, another nose bleed.

I wouldn't of had it any other way.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig