Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wedding Week Wednesday

Its finally here.

We are 3 days till showtime.

This is the last Wednesday i will be a Parker.

That realization is slowly sinking in. Ive carried this name for 24, almost 25 years and its a good name. Its an Indian name. [Quanah Parker] look him up.
I come from missionaries, contractors, builders, teachers, lovers, Indians, Irish, rednecks, hunters, fisherman, fighters, crazy, nuts, caring, forgiving, rich, poor, downright beautiful people.
Im not losing any of that. 

Im gaining loggers, intelligence, scientists, rednecks, hunters, fisherman, graduates, Indians, happy, energetic, FUN, loving, caring, compassionate, downright beautiful people.

My whole life I've been proud of my Parker name. It meant something to me. I was proud to wear it on the back of my jerseys, proud to hear it called out loud in a crowd or at school. Proud to hear it in history classes. My name has always been my identity in a way. And now i am 3 days out from retiring that name...and gaining a new one. Robertson.

As much life as I've lived as a Parker, i will live more as a Robertson. God willing.

Im writing this sitting in my parents living room. The same place that I've sat for 10 years while just watching tv or having a conversation. I never would of thought that id be sitting here, talking to you, about my wedding.

I am beyond blessed and beyond proud of my family and the new family i am gaining this Saturday.
Mine and Colbys life is about to start, together, forever. 

Ive waited for this moment since i first saw him at 16. I knew. Ive always known.

The sun is setting and I'm grasping on to the last few moments of being, a Parker.



Heres a little throw back to Colby and I at a Toga party while i was in college, 2010.
I was happy then and i am just as happy, now.



"In short. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid"





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig