Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chad Michael Murray

AHHH!

I can't believe i haven't written about this sooner.

Chad played in movies such as Cinderella Story, Freaky Friday, House of Wax.
Tv shows: Gilmore Girls and most importantly ONE TREE HILL.
Ive watched OTH since the beginning, when i was in 7th grade. The show really did grow up with me. Whenever i was going through something, a character on the show would be going through the same thing.
Long story short, Chad was beautiful in this show. He grasped his character so well and brought it to life.


So, in December of 2011, I FINALLY talked my parents into letting me fly to Buffalo while we were already in New York City to attend one of Chads book signing. He recently wrote a graphic novel called Everlast. Its a post-apocolyptic tale focusing on the character Derek Everlast. He is sent out to save the lucky few who will continue on to Haven after the world ends.
Chad and I had been communicating via Twitter for MONTHS! He would message me about when i was coming, we would talk about random things, mostly his book and our love for OTH. Most of my friends didn't believe that i was actually talking to Chad Murray!

Chad had a book signing in Buffalo on December 28th. My family and i spent our Christmas as always in Texas. The day after Christmas my entire family hopped on a plane and flew to NYC! For two days we traveled the city, saw the sights and had a magical time.
On December 28th, my brother & I flew to Buffalo, NY for his book signing to stand in line at Barnes & Noble for 2 hours to wait to get a chance to meet and get Chads autograph.

After two LONG hours of waiting, it was finally my turn to meet him. I was so nervous. His manager came up to me, asked me my name, then stopped right when i told her who i was. She got a HUGE smile on her face and said you are Jenna from Texas? My heart skipped a beat. She said, "Chad has been waiting on you to get here!" She rushed me over to him. He looked at me and said, "you must be Jenna"

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. It was one of the best moments of my life! He asked me how i traveled from Texas to Buffalo, we talked about Texas, my friends, OTH, the book, his life. It was amazing. Now usually each person was only allowed about 45 seconds with him. But i got 10 minutes! He met my brother, as he was there filming/taking pictures. I even was given a t-shirt for coming all that way to meet him. It was amazing.
Here are a few pictures from the event. If you get the chance, pick up his book, read about him. He truly is an amazing soul.

Cheers,




Took Everlast to Ground Zero


Landing in Buffalo!

                                                          View from our hotel in Buffalo












                                                     Saw this truck as we were leaving NY!




Lovely, Lovely Chad Murray

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Toast to Class. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig